The Law Office of Nick Stein
This is an advertisement for legal services
Call to schedule an Appointment

Can a family member sue for a wrongful death?

If your family member dies as a result of someone else’s negligence, for example from the negligence of a doctor, nurse, or medical facility, or from injuries suffered in an auto accident, you may bring an action to recover for your family member’s wrongful death. If a doctor fails to diagnose a condition, or if the doctor was negligent in the level of care provided, and someone died as a result, then a family member can bring a wrongful death action. A family member can also sue for the wrongful death of a loved one who was killed in an auto accident.

It is crucial to contact an attorney who is familiar with wrongful death lawsuits, as they tend to be very complex cases. There are procedural steps to take to get you appointed as the personal representative of your family member so that you may maintain a wrongful death action. Additionally, the negligence that resulted in the death isn’t always obvious or clear cut and requires an experienced attorney who can flesh out all the facts of the case. Our firm has experience litigating wrongful death cases.

Call us and we’ll help you through the complexities of a wrongful death case.

Email Us For A Response

Let’s Discuss Your Case! Use Our Quick Contact Form.

Bold labels are required.

The Law Office of Nick Stein

New Albany Office
810 East Market Street
New Albany, IN 47150

Phone: 812-948-6000
Map & Directions

Louisville Office
745 West Main Street
Suite #100
Louisville, KY 40202

Map & Directions